The Tar Valon’s Got Talent program will be a friendly competition between junior member participants based on the reality TV structure of eliminating one or more contestants each week.
Contestants will compete to stay in the competition through a series of creative tasks designed to challenge them while demonstrating their creativity.
For the purposes of Tar Valon’s Got Talent one week will last ten days and a new event will begin every two weeks. Ten days will allow all contestants an opportunity to compete and then allow a few days for judges to confer, vote, and decide winners, and who will be eliminated.
The general selection process of the show will begins with auditions. This round is held a the first week of the competition, during which the auditioner will submit their entry. This entry will be judged though an anonymous poll. The top six from each of these two threads will be competing beginning in week 1.
Following this, 5 competitions will take place. Each competition will be organized by one of the Captains or Mistresses.
Week 1 - Captain of Soldiers
Week 2 - Mistress of Novices
Week 3 - Captain of Recruits
Week 4 - Mistress of Accepted
The final week of the competition will have the Director of Membership as the guest judge (along with 2 Surprise Guest Judges). Each week will be judged by the Captains and Mistresses along with one Guest Judge. Each week will have a theme for the competition.
Each competition will have a 10 day entry period followed by a 4 Day Judging period.
- By participating you agree to abide the rules of the competition, and by extension the membership rules and bylaws.
- Judges, permanent and guest judges alike, by agreeing to act in the responsible role as a judge in Tar Valon’s Got Talent event, agree to act without biased or favor toward and competitor in the event.
- Judges must be active and available for critique and voting, or in the case where the judge is unavailable a proxy may be selected.
- In the event that a judge is unresponsive a proxy may be selected by the Event Moderator.
- Participants found to be engaging in poor sportsmanship or attempting to cheat will be disqualified.
- Participants who are unable to compete for an event or fail to submit on time, will be considered to have forfeit the competition.
- All competition submissions must be the original writing/artwork of the contestant(s) submitting them, the submission of intellectual property of others (with the exception of links in event 2) will be grounds for disqualification.
- Submission materials must always be appropriate for the TarValon.Net forums as per the Code of Conduct and Posting Guidelines found in the Membership Manual.
- JM’s who are raised during their participation in competition will be allowed to compete until they either are eliminated or win!
- Addendum : Citizens will be allowed to participate if they are in the process of going before the hall to become a recruit or novicehood before the end of the audition period.